|Reports to||Maintenance Manager|
Fuelers are responsible for cleaning, fueling, probing, and moving buses in a safe and professional manner. Fueling is understood as the act of putting any specific type of energy in a vehicle, including gasoline, diesel, natural gas, electricity, hydrogen, and any other potential technologies that may enter the market.
- Ensuring that all vehicles are completely fueled (CNG, electricity, hydrogen, etc.), cleaning the interior and exterior, checking or topping off fluids as needed, installing, or removing interior signage/ads, and other related duties.
- Probing fare boxes and vaulting cash boxes into receiver; documenting equipment being probed and vaulted; communicating with supervisor to address any discrepancies, errors, and malfunctions of fare box equipment.
- Driving, maneuvering, and parking vehicles in the Pomona yard.
- Ensuring that all fleet damage is documented and communicated to the appropriate maintenance supervisor in the event of unreported damage.
- Maintaining accurate, legible record of fuel usage and vehicle mileage.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Other work duties assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- Must be 21+ with a good driving record
- Must be able to pass a DOT mandated drug screening/physical
- Must be able to complete in-house training for the operation of transit buses
- Must have flexible schedule, including nights/weekends
- Must be able to work in all types of weather
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Must be able to read and write legibly and follow oral and written instructions
This position may require working outdoors in the elements. Appropriate uniforms will be provided. Exposure to exhaust fumes, toxic chemicals, biohazards.
This position requires physical effort and manual dexterity such as: walking, lifting, standing, stooping, bending, reaching, twisting, pull/push, and lifting in a proper safe manner. PPE (personal protective equipment) must be worn at all times.
Please note: Job duties or specific job title could vary; where covered by a collective bargaining agreement the provisions of that agreement may prevail. Keolis will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon receiving a favorable background check. If applying for a safety sensitive position, it may require a physical examination.
Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis. By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees, customers, and communities. Together we can become the most successful transportation company in the world.
Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the communities in which we operate.
EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible
This employer will consider qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with Los Angeles Ordinance 184652.