||Safety and Risk Management
KEOLIS is recruiting for a Training Manager for our Pomona, California location. Come grow your career with us!
The Training Manager prepares, provides and oversees technical training for new hire and incumbent Keolis employees to perform job duties safely and in accordance with Keolis policies and procedures.
Core Competencies / Responsibilities
- Administers and directs the Keolis Operator Education Program, Trainer Certification Program, Monthly Safety Initiative, and OSHA required training to all department employees.
- Conducts driver’s licensing safety instruction.
- Provides training assistance to the Maintenance Department, Human Resources and other departments as needed.
- Directs Behind the Wheel (BTW), retraining, refresher and post-accident training processes.
- Coordinate classroom, BTW, line and revenue instruction/scheduling for new hire classes.
- Evaluate training effectiveness through appropriate student evaluation and post training effectiveness evaluations making modifications to the program design to increase program efficiency.
- Manage large-scale training projects as assigned.
- Assure the training programs are maintained current and incorporated with up to date information gained from Keolis, federal and state authorities and agencies.
- Prepare trainee examinations and conduct trainee evaluations for classroom, line and revenue phases of training.
- As appropriate, conduct counseling sessions for trainees, evaluate the results, and recommend/develop individualized training programs.
- Support management in the areas of business initiatives, project management, community involvement and special projects.
- Participate in Keolis management audits, and prepare responses to audit findings concerning training functions.
- Maintain knowledge of industry operations, skills and techniques commensurate with the responsibility to develop and conduct effective, high quality training.
- Supervise the collection and maintenance of auditable training records and report required to document training program activities.
- Conduct self in an appropriate manner as a representative of Keolis, working effectively in a diverse work environment.
- Manage, plan, organize and schedule work assignments for trainers.
- Work closely with Directors and Managers to determine, develop and implement training programs to improve daily operations.
- Administer CDL and other certification/recertification programs as established by contract, state and corporate mandates. Monitor employee training status for compliance with these programs.
- Assist Maintenance, Operations, Human Resources departments in the development, training, assessment of personnel.
- Assess training needs related to new equipment and new technology. Develop and implement programs to satisfy these needs.
- Supervise staff (as assigned) including interviewing and hiring, training, work assignment, and performance management.
- Oversee the CDL training for maintenance personnel. Oversee new hire (general) OSHA required safety orientation for all maintenance personnel.
- Design training aids, prepare technical materials, tests, handouts and lesson plans for training classes.
- Create and maintain training records on all employees.
- Maintain a complete training reference library for the Safety and Training Department.
- Assess employee's skill levels, counsel, recommend and coordinate appropriate training with employee and respective supervisors/managers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college including education/training courses preferred
- 5 or more years of Driver training and/or Driver safety experience in a transit environment.
- Supervisory experience required; experience supervising/training a driver workforce preferred
- Innovative classroom training skills with working knowledge of adult training techniques
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and group presentation skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- Compliance with state requirements
Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon receiving a favorable background check. If applying for a safety sensitive position, it may require a physical examination.
Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis. By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees, customers, and communities. Together we can become the most successful transportation company in the world.
Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the communities in which we operate.
EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
This employer will consider qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with Los Angeles Ordinance 184652.