||Dispatch / Radio Supervisor
||Las Vegas, NV
||Assistant Operations Manager
Dispatch / Radio Supervisor
Las Vegas, NV
The Radio Dispatch Supervisor function as “central control”, staying in radio communication with the Operators and coordinating activities of the Road and Transit Center Supervisors and the Maintenance department to minimize any service disruptions. Making all the necessary communications for the assistance from Fire, Police and Emergency Departments is a critical element of this job.
Core Competencies / Responsibilities
- Ensure all work is properly covered in a timely efficient manner.
- Greet and check in operators signing on for duty, assign vehicles to individual operators, and provide them with key information to operate their route (changes, special conditions, or detours).
- Manage and confirm daily sign outs to ensure all reports are made and dispatched.
- Ensure availability of paddles and public schedules and utilization by operators.
- Manage the daily extra board assignments and standby operators in accordance with the provisions of the Labor Agreement.
- Ensure operators are fit for duty and are in uniform.
- Check and verify all end time exception submittals.
- Ensure all Safety Policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Answer calls and record daily attendance on paper-log and electronic database.
- Ensure timely reports and operator departures to the yard to perform pre-trip and pullouts on-time.
- Coordinate with Maintenance and Radio Dispatch to facilitate the prompt response to service disruptions including accidents, breakdowns and other incidents.
- Review daily report of all pre and post trip inspections to ensure each driver has completed the required inspections and reports any deviations to the BOC Manager.
- Maintain all required logs and record keeping for Lost and Found.
- Finalize Daily Report of Operations and submit to GM, Managers, and Directors.
- Monitor AVL/GPS system exceptions and take corrective actions with operators and road supervisors to return vehicles to schedule or adjust frequency in the case of close headways.
- Assign Hot Coaches as needed to support overcrowding, mitigate traffic congestion and facilitate a return to schedule or desired frequency.
- Communicate with maintenance to ensure proper responses to vehicle defects and proper assignment of vehicles to scheduled routes.
- Observe and make necessary adjustments based on 24/7 real-time traffic monitoring video system.
- Document all daily service operations including; exceptions to normal service, safety incidents, customer service issues, and on-time performance.
- Coordinate with the Planning Manager a strategic location of Hot Coaches.
- Maintain an accurate record of the status of all vehicle and radio equipment.
- Advise Operations Director and Supervisors of complaints and incidents that occur.
- Report service related problems to the BOC Manager and/or the Director of Operations
- Assist Operators with daily pull-out, and monitor timely departure from the yard.
- Ensure all communication equipment is functioning properly at pull out.
- Other duties as assigned including cross training for other Operations positions.
Knowledge and Experience
- 2 years’ recent window dispatch and/or radio dispatch experience in a fast paced environment preferred
- Fixed Route environment experience preferred.
- 1-year lead and/or supervisor experience preferred
- Intermediate computer experience in a MS Office environment required
- Must be able to type 50 wpm
- Must be able to communicate clearly in both verbal and written English
- Must be very organized, detailed oriented and have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality a must
- Must have commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work both as a team member and on own initiative
- Must be able to work any shift in a 24/7 environment, including holidays
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a CDL class B w/P endorsement
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally, works inside air-conditioned office.
- Occasional walks outside in extreme weather (hot/cold).
- May sit for over six hours a day; May stand for over six hours a day.
- High volume use of telephone, computer keyboard and monitor for over six hours a day.
- Occasional drives company vehicle.
- Exertion (lift/pull/push) of up to 25lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon receiving a favorable background check. If applying for a safety sensitive position, it may require a physical examination.
Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis. By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees, customers, and communities. Together we can become the most successful transportation company in the world.
Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the communities in which we operate.
EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.