||Safety and Risk Management
KEOLIS is hiring Safety Trainers for our Woodbridge, VA location. Come grow your career with us!
The Safety Trainer is responsible for proper training of designated employees including safety education, accident prevention, loss control, post-accident and regulatory compliance. This individual is also responsible for accident investigation, record keeping, proactive involvement in reducing loss due to accident, injuries and claims
Core Competencies / Responsibilities
- Respond to and investigate accidents/incidents to include taking photos of accident/incident scene, interviewing involved parties, and assisting with driver, police and related reports
- Conducts on-board evaluations and in service training to employees
- Provides behind-the-wheel training and re-training as directed
- Provides appropriate feedback to employees
- Completes documentation forms in accordance with Keolis, State, Federal, local, and Company requirements
- Conduct evaluations and inspections for risk of loss potential
- Coordinate the activities of worker’s compensation, general liability and vehicle liability insurance carriers and insurance consultants as it affects safety and loss control. Monitor activities and make recommendations to Director of Safety to assist in the prevention and limit of loss
- Assure that safety inspections are properly scheduled, carried out, monitored, abated and documented
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with the substance abuse testing program using Federal and Company standards
- Work with Safety Manager as necessary to schedule and conduct employee safety evaluations
- Maintain files pertaining to evaluations, training, safety and loss matters as required
- Interview employees concerning safety concerns (to or from management), conducts follow up communication
- Investigate, report, recommend on reports of hazardous locations, situations or events
- Coordinate, and/or facilitate assigned safety training processes.
- Safety Committee coordinator, meeting facilitator
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
- Three (3) + years of progressive supervisory/ management experience preferably in a public transportation environment
- Familiar with DOT policies, OSHA, NIMS, EPA standards, and ADA requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier, Department of Homeland Security, and Federal Transit Administration rules and regulations and applicable State Regulations
- Ability to interpret and explain regulations to others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- CDL Class B with P endorsement required
- Experience in training qualified candidates for employment
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Must be able to read, write and speak English; basic math skills
- Must be able and willing to work flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must able to work in a union environment
- Must know the geographical area.
- Computer literate
- Conducting oral presentations, relaying technical information in understandable terms
Please note: Job duties or specific job title could vary; where covered by a collective bargaining agreement the provisions of that agreement may prevail.
Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon receiving a favorable background check. If applying for a safety sensitive position, it may require a physical examination.
Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis. By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees, customers, and communities. Together we can become the most successful transportation company in the world.
Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the communities in which we operate.
EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.