|Job Title||Maintenance Manager*|
|Location||PROPOSED Business location*||*Position is based out of PROPOSED Business location|
KEOLIS IS CURRENTLY SOURCING EXPERIENCED TRANSIT MAINTENANCE MANAGERS FOR PROPOSED BUSINESS - MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE:
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
The Maintenance Manager reports to the General Manager and executes an effective, efficient, and high quality vehicle / facility maintenance program designed to meet the high standards established by Keolis and its customers. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for delivery of clean, safe and reliable vehicles every day, in an efficient manner.
The Maintenance Manager will also be responsible for managing employees who repair, maintain, clean, and fuel a fleet of buses or vans in a multi-shift transportation operation.
- Ensures that Shop Safety policy, procedures and regulations are implemented and a safe working environment is provided in all maintenance areas, and working with the Safety Manager in conducting monthly Maintenance Safety Meetings.
- Coordinates with the Operations Manager regularly to ensure vehicle readiness; implements corrective action / process changes necessary to maximize vehicle availability and minimize late pull outs.
- Ensures the implementation of a detailed Preventive Maintenance Inspection program for each vehicle type, the operating facility and equipment that is compliant with OEM, Client and Keolis Standards.
- Ensures achievement of all maintenance-related contract performance standards set by Client (or Keolis) including type and timeliness of PMIs, miles operated between road calls, time “out of service”, missed service.
- Leverages intimate knowledge of contractual maintenance requirements, collective bargaining agreement, and maintenance P&L to direct operations in a compliant and fiscally responsible manner
- Utilizes performance measures on a daily basis to manage mechanic productivity, efficiency/effectiveness and accountability and implements continuous improvement plans to improve performance.
- Ensures compliance with Keolis’ Maintenance and Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures; including performance of PMI Audits.
- Routinely performs road call, “late pulls” and vehicle readiness root cause analyses and adjust PMI, vehicle servicing or other maintenance processes to prevent recurring problems.
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner.
- Schedules employees for the department; ensures the effective supervision of mechanics and other shop workers.
- Conducts routine “toolbox” meetings to review shop operating, repair issues and administrative matters
- Administer collective bargaining agreement provisions as required
- Responsible for hiring; discipline up to and including termination; approving salary increases or decreases; training and employee development; planning and directing the work; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews.
- Approves priority of maintenance and repairs based on availability of materials and parts and requirements of scheduled operations
- Oversees the development of efficient repair schedules; reviews repair cost estimates
- Coordinates work performed by outside vendors
- Controls and monitors inventory of parts, tires, lubricants and fuel (as required)
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal, Company and Client requirements.
- Participates in the development and administration of the operational and/or capital budget
- Works closely with location general manager and regional maintenance management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. Reviews financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code and approve account payable documents.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods.
- Other duties as required.
- 7 years of light, medium or heavy duty vehicle maintenance experience.
- Minimum 4 years of maintenance experience in a public transportation environment at or above the supervisory level.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree, preferred. High School/GED diploma required.
- Mechanical school certificate and/or ASE certification. Master Certification preferred
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Vehicle Maintenance and Inventory Management Software.
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Valid driver license. CDL preferred.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Broad understanding of all mechanical systems related to transportation vehicles.
- Familiarity with laws/regulations associated with the safe operation of maintenance facilities.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to detail and data-savvy
- Ability to work well with labor.
- Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional meetings.
- Must submit to drug testing and a criminal background check.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER