|Job Title||Assistant General Manager*|
|Location||PROPOSED Business location*||*Position is based out of PROPOSED Business location|
Assistant General Manager
Full Time – Non-Exempt
Keolis is currently seeing top talent for an experienced Assistant General Manager for proposed business in Van Nuys, CA.
Keolis is an innovative public transportation partner, providing services in 15 countries and carrying three billion passengers each year across multiple models including bus, paratransit, automated metros, tram, rail, and bike share, among others. As a company, our aim is to offer multi-modal mobility solutions that are simple, efficient, fluid and most importantly, safe to our passengers, employees and he communities we serve.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager (AGM) will be required to oversee the administrative, safety and operational departments. Under the direction of the GM, this position performs complex professional and strategic work in planning, scheduling and directing the control and evaluation of the entire operations and safety programs of the facility. The AGM will be responsible for daily and monthly reports. The AGM will be a change agent to support The Keolis Way culture and initiatives with all levels of staff. The AGM along with the General Manager will be a liaison to the client, union and the location staff in all matters including revenue contract, labor negotiations, grievance hearings and performance management procedures.
- Proven track record of fostering and extremely safety, customer service and team member centric environment.
- Experience interpreting profit and loss data
- Ability to promote a world class customer service culture
- Demonstrable success managing a large team through change efforts and providing effective leadership in a constantly changing environment with conflicting priorities
- Ability to mediate interpersonal situations with a diverse staff to a successful conclusion
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential company and employee information
- Thorough knowledge of the methods of para-transit operation, systems and departments
- Experience working with and presenting to executive staff and boards of directors
- Understanding of basic laws/regulations, ordinances and regulations underlying the transit operation including a clear understanding of employee/employers rights under the NLRA and minimum wage guidelines
- Ability to analyze a variety of complex administrative problems to make sound recommendations for their solution and to prepare, recommend and deploy procedure changes
- Managing a union environment
- Must be able to work in partnership with corporate leadership in driving efficiencies, compliance initiatives and client satisfaction.
- College degree preferred, High School required.
- Minimum of three (3) years management experience in a public transportation environment.
- Must have excellent team-building, communication and time management skills.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) at an intermediate level
- Must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal background check
- Able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business
- CDL highly desirable
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This employer will consider qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with Los Angeles Ordinance 184652.