|Job Title||Maintenance Manager*|
|Location||Reno*||*Position is based out of Reno|
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We have been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we are on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
The Director of Maintenance is responsible to provide oversight of senior management staff, which includes an assistant maintenance manager, multiple shop supervisors, and a maintenance training/development manager; this is not a comprehensive list.
This location is technologically savvy, heavily DATA ORIENTED, with major investments in an EV fleet to include oversight of Proterra buses and associated charging infrastructure. It is a diversified fleet and so a delicate balancing act occurs between a heavy diesel fleet (which includes artic buses) and on-going investments in electrification with a possible 100% shift to EV by 2025.
The ideal candidate will be first and foremost a people person who understands the value of his/her employees while balancing classic heavy diesel paradigms with where the industry is headed in terms of EV and SAE LVL 5 automation. Said candidate must have a thirst for knowledge, an aptitude for utilizing data for quality iterations on par with Six Sigma principles, an understanding of MAAS philosophy, and, the foresight to balance where we are with where we want to be.
If you believe, your employees are your most valuable asset and can balance the workload while mentoring your staff so that they can learn the future of where our team wants to be—this is the job!
- Ensures that Shop Safety policy, procedures and regulations are implemented and a safe working environment is provided in all maintenance areas, and working with the Safety Manager in conducting monthly Maintenance Safety Meetings.
- Coordinates with the Operations Manager regularly to ensure vehicle readiness; implements corrective action / process changes necessary to maximize vehicle availability and minimize late pullouts.
- Ensures the implementation of a detailed Preventive Maintenance Inspection program for each vehicle type, the operating facility and equipment that is compliant with OEM, Client, Federal SGR requirements, Transit Asset Management Plan, and Keolis Standards.
- Ensures achievement of all maintenance-related contract performance standards set by Client (or Keolis) including type and timeliness of PMIs, miles operated between road calls, time “out of service”, missed service.
- Leverages intimate knowledge of contractual maintenance requirements, collective bargaining agreement, and maintenance P&L to direct operations in a compliant and fiscally responsible manner
- Utilizes performance measures on a daily basis to manage mechanic productivity, efficiency/effectiveness, accountability, and implements continuous improvement plans to improve performance.
- Ensures compliance with Keolis’ Maintenance and Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures; including performance of PMI Audits.
- Utilizes data analytics to perform PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE.
- Routinely performs road call, “late pulls” and vehicle readiness root cause analyses and adjust PMI, vehicle servicing or other maintenance processes to prevent recurring problems.
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner.
- Schedules employees for the department; ensures the effective supervision of mechanics and other shop workers.
- Conducts routine “toolbox” meetings to review shop operating, repair issues and administrative matters
- Administer collective bargaining agreement provisions as required
- Responsible for hiring; discipline up to and including termination; approving salary increases or decreases; training and employee development; planning and directing the work; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews.
- Approves priority of maintenance and repairs based on availability of materials and parts and requirements of scheduled operations
- Oversees the development of efficient repair schedules; reviews repair cost estimates
- Coordinates work performed by outside vendors
- Is budget oriented understands labor rates per CBA and shop hours per job-task. Subsequently understands the value of appropriate assignment within the context of the CBA.
- Controls and monitors inventory of parts, tires, lubricants and fuel (as required)
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal, Company and Client requirements.
- Participates in the development and administration of the operational and/or capital budget
- Works closely with location general manager and regional maintenance management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. Reviews financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code and approve account payable documents.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods.
- Identifies opportunities for reducing and/or eliminating overtime by creating efficiency within the existing budget.
- Other duties as required.
- 7 years of light, medium or heavy-duty vehicle maintenance experience.
- Minimum 4 years of maintenance experience in a public transportation environment at or above the supervisory level.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree, preferred. High School/GED diploma required.
- Mechanical school certificate and/or ASE certification. Master Certification preferred
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Vehicle Maintenance and Inventory Management Software.
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Valid driver license. CDL preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Broad understanding of all mechanical systems related to transportation vehicles.
- Familiarity with laws/regulations associated with the safe operation of maintenance facilities.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to detail and data-savvy
- Ability to work well with labor.
- Travel requirement (as a percent) : <5% for occasional meetings.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER