|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, FL*||*Position is based out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL|
KEOLIS IN FT LAUDERDALE IS HIRING FOR A HOSTLER:
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
A Hostler’s primary responsibility will be driving buses from Base to the Shop, Returning Buses to base after repairs, shuttling buses to repair vendors, making parts runs, and when not driving will be cleaning the shop, cleaning bus interiors, and very light mechanical work like assisting mechanics, checking fluids, changing light bulbs etc.
Full Time 2PM - 10:30PM Mon-Fri
The purpose of the Hostler is to insure that the fleet is fully prepared for service. To assist the maintenance department with the upkeep of the fleet, shop and operations facilities.
- Vehicle exteriors and interiors cleaned according to the contract.
- Vehicle emergency equipment (fire extinguisher, body-fluid kit, first aid kit) fully stocked and functional.
- Any fleet damage documented and communicated to the manager.
- Work area maintained according to all OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Shop area cleaned, mopped and trash disposed of daily.
- Facility cleaning as needed to include trash, windows, restrooms and vacuuming
- Post notices in vehicles as required by client.
- Insure all vehicles contain system brochures.
- Assist maintenance staff and manager as needed.
- Due to insurance requirements, must be over 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have CDL or be able to obtain one within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work in and outdoors in all weather conditions
Please note: Job duties or specific job title could vary; where covered by a collective bargaining agreement the provisions of that agreement may prevail.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER