|Job Title||Human Resource Manager *|
|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, FL*||*Position is based out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL|
Keolis is hiring a Human Resources Manager in our Ft. Lauderdale location!
Come grow your career with us - the industry leader!
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
Reporting to the Corporate Director of Employee and Labor Relations, the Human Resources Manager serves as a collaborative business partner to the location’s General Manager in the day to day administration of human resources, labor grievances recruiting and compliance administration. This position ensures compliance with Keolis’ Human Relations policies, reporting requirements, customer service, and the Client requirements. This position will be required to closely coordinate on all HR functions, including but not limited to recruiting, staffing, policy, payroll and other key employment objectives. A successful candidate in this role will have specific expertise in human resources, employee relations and labor relations as well as have experience working in an environment challenged regularly by conflicting priorities and, at times, with very little direction.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Payroll processing knowledge experience.
- 10-20% travel required
- Labor union experience preferred
- Transportation experience is helpful
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Florida Employment Guidelines
- Excellent communication skills – reading, writing and speaking
- Organizational skills a must
- Must be able to pass extensive background check
- Computer proficient
- HR Certifications and/or related degree
- 2-5 years working in a union environment
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER