|Location||Reno*||*Position is based out of Reno|
The Dispatcher position is directly responsible, under supervision, to provide communication and support services to drivers and clients.
- Supervise drivers in directions and immediate situations.
- Coordinates dispatching of drivers by receiving and transmitting radio calls.
- Inputs and retrieves computer data quickly.
- Answers questions and provides information to the drivers and clients over the telephone.
- Makes entries into automated computer system.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date files and logs.
- Assists drivers in ensuring clients are delivered in a timely manner.
- Assemble schedules for the following day of service
- Clearly document all cancellations and no shows.
- Assist in other departments as needed
- Effectively communicate any problems or issues with managers as situations arise
- High school degree or G.E.D.
- At least 3 years of field experience or equivalent. Uses good judgment in making decisions in emergency and routine situations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to effectively interpret contract rules and requirements
- Ability to effectively decipher maps
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications and organizational skills.
Software Proficiencies Required:
- Email and Internet
- Microsoft Office Applications Suite
Work Environment/Demands of the Position:
- Ability to handle stress, including emergency situations.
- Generally works inside air-conditioned office.
- May sit for 6+ hours a day.
- Uses computer keyboard and monitor for 6+ hours a day.
- High volume use of telephone.
- Creative thinking, problem solving, reasoning, and decision-making abilities.