|Job Title||Maintenance Technician A*|
|Location||Greensboro, NC*||*Position is based out of Greensboro, NC|
KEOLIS IS HIRING TECHNICIAN CLASS A FOR GREENSBORO:
ASK ABOUT OUR SIGN ON BONUS: $5000
- $2500 UPON HIRE
- $2500 AFTER 90 DAYS OF SERVICE AND MEETING PERFORMANCE STANDARDS.
- UNION ENVIRONMENT - PENSION OFFERED TO UNION EMPLOYEES
- 401(K) WITH COMPANY MATCH
- STARTING SALARY: $29.50 PER HOUR
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
Successful candidates will be responsible for field and shop skilled diagnostics, perform preventative maintenance service and repair of Suspension & Steering; Cummings Engines, Allison Transmissions, Differentials, Electrical Systems, Air Brake Systems, Wheelchair Ramps, and Air Conditioning Systems. Successful applicants must be able to work safely. Performs equipment and electrical troubleshooting to test operational efficiency of engines and drive train, hydraulic and exhaust systems, etc. and determines the cause(s) of malfunction(s). Prescribes and performs emergency repairs to equipment in the field. May provide lead work direction to other mechanics, semiskilled or unskilled workers and may direct shop operations in absence of supervisor. Performs related work as required.
- Detect, diagnose and repairs coaches concentrating on major complicated / complex problems including but are not limited to; ADA equipment, air conditioning, brakes, chassis, cooling system, engine, interior/exterior lighting, gauges and controls, safety equipment, fire suppression system, sensitive edges, tires and transmissions.
- Performs both in-house and road call coach repairs using various hand, power, pneumatic and precision tools.
- Performs upgrades and/or modifications on coach systems and equipment per manufactures recommendations or client requests.
- Utilizes computer diagnostic equipment to include but not limited to; Cummins Insite, Allison prognostics, complex electrical schematics; ladder logic diagrams, VANSCO and DINEX coach control systems to diagnose troubleshoot coach electrical functions.
- Researches and evaluates coach problems, provides comprehensive analysis to management in both written and oral format.
- Assists Foreman to tracks trends, parts usage and costs utilizing work orders, preventative maintenance sheets, road calls and experience.
- Test coaches for proper working order including road-driving tests.
- Fills out work orders specifying parts and labor.
- Answers questions and assists Mechanic B and Mechanic C by providing professional direction.
- Performs on-the –job instruction to Mechanic B and Mechanic C pertaining to diagnosis and operational theory.
- Inspects reviews and evaluates work performance.
- Five (5) years progressive heavy equipment maintenance required.
- ASE Transit Master Certificate Preferred (H4, H5, H8 required)
- Two (2) years technical degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Additional training from mechanical/technical schools, courses or seminars desirable.
- High school diploma or GED and valid Nevada driver’s license required.
- Experience with complex diagnostic computer equipment and software required.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of the design, adjustment, and overhaul of ADA equipment, air conditioning, brakes, chassis, cooling system, engine, interior/exterior lighting, gauges and controls, safety equipment, fire suppression system and sensitive edges, tires and transmissions.
- Must be able to work amid constant interruptions, have ability to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Must have leadership skills and ability to mentor and provide instruction.
- Must have good communication skills, ability to both verbally and in written format document questions and diagnostic information to management personnel.
- Must be able to perform physical activities including working on top of coaches and lifting up to seventy five (75) pounds.
- Must be flexible and work in a 24/7 environment.
- Must have clean driving record and be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License, Class B with passenger endorsement.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally work may be accomplished outdoors in extreme weather condition (hot and/or cold); Regularly performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, hands, and legs and moving the whole body, such as walking, standing, lifting, climbing, bending and handling materials; occasionally exposed to extreme heat/cold conditions; is frequently exposed to loud noise, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals in a ventilated maintenance shop; May walk and/or stand for over 6 hours per day; Works with personal computer (PC), laptop, Complex electrical schematics, diagnostic software and various testing devices; May use electronic hand-held device (cell phone, two way-radio); works around heavy machinery.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER