|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, FL*||*Position is based out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL|
Keolis is hiring a Dispatcher in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Starting salary: $15.00 Per Hour.
Must be flexible to work nights, weekends and holidays.
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
Dispatchers provide direction, communications with all operators while monitoring system performance and making scheduling adjustments where necessary to maximize on-time performance, minimize customer wait times for on-call or will-call services, minimize service disruptions as a result of vehicle/operator availability and/or emergency situations.
- Assign work, vehicles and onboard equipment to operators and maintain check-out logs
- Assign operators in the event of operator absences, increased service volumes in order to minimize service disruptions as a result of traffic, vehicle malfunctions, operator problems and/or emergency situations.
- Maintain accurate logs for attendance
- Maintain communication with operators, providing information on customers, cancellations, and directional assistance where necessary
- Monitor operators and trip status, making adjustments and reassignments as necessary to ensure on time performance
- Provide assistance to operators in the event of emergency or vehicle malfunctions, communicating with operations, safety and maintenance staff where appropriate.
- Reschedule trips as necessary in the event of vehicle malfunction, traffic, or emergency situations
- Reconcile trip manifests by operators
- Provide assistance to passengers in using the service as well as when inquiring about individual trip status.
- Document accurately and appropriately daily events related to service
- Collect any lost and found articles and catalog, attempt to contact appropriate passengers where possible
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
- Radio check all vehicles leaving the yard at all times
- Establish and maintain headways for all online buses
- Will maintain “exceptions” and “incidents” log
- Will assist drivers with informational material as needed
- Report to supervisors and duty managers any drivers failing to meet duties online
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years of experience in high volume environment
- Effectively Communication Skills
- Maintain professional demeanor and appearance.
- Handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively in a fast paced environment
Please note: Job duties or specific job title could vary; where covered by a collective bargaining agreement the provisions of that agreement may prevail.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER