|Job Title||Paratransit Driver*|
|Location||Greensboro, NC*||*Position is based out of Greensboro, NC|
Keolis Transit America is hiring Part-time Paratransit Operators in Greensboro, North Carolina!
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends & holidays. Must be able to obtain a class C CDL with passenger endorsement. Starting salary: $12.90 per hour.
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
The Paratransit Driver provides passengers with safe, friendly transportation in vehicles designed for wheelchair lifts, seats and other special access. This position focuses on non-emergency medical transportation and we welcome candidates with experience in customer service, home health-care, or ability to provide high-quality patient care.
- Must be able to report to work on-time, in a clean, neat uniform, ready to work
- Preform a vehicle pre-trip and post trip inspection on assigned vehicle(s)
- Radio check his/her buses radio before leaving yard
- Operates various types of vehicles, as assigned, safely, in all types of weather and traffic conditions, according to MDT or driver manifest, which includes designated pick-up and drop-off locations and times, issued daily
- Pick up and discharge passengers at designated bus stops safely; regulates heating and ventilating equipment on the bus for the comfort of the passengers
- Follow fare collection procedures
- Ensure proper two-way Radio Etiquette at all times
- Report all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences to the dispatch office immediately; submit written reports on accidents, incidents or unusual occurrences as required
- Accurately complete all reports; Strict adherence to Keolis and client policies and procedures
- Adhere to all regulations related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); correctly operate a wheelchair lift with proper safety restraints as required by the customer
- Ability to interact with public positively; provide transit information to passengers as needed
- Maintaining a secure environment for passengers, including escorting riders to and from the vehicle and providing physical assistance to passengers, when requested
- Exercising patience and sensitivity toward all passengers and practices professionalism in action and in speech to family members, staff at offices and agencies and the public
- Current Valid DRIVERS LICENSE (CLASS C/CLASS B)
- Customer Service Experience a plus.
- High degree of comfort working with people with disabilities.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and DOT physical.
- Possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and decision making skills.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Other requirements may be required depending on location.
Please note: Job duties or specific job title could vary; where covered by a collective bargaining agreement the provisions of that agreement may prevail.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER