|Job Title||Mechanic, Class A *|
|Location||Fresno, CA*||*Position is based out of Fresno, CA|
KEOLIS IS HIRING A MECHANIC CLASS A, IN FRESNO, CALIFORNIA.
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
Skilled position that performs scheduled preventative maintenance and necessary repairs to sedans, light buses (cut-away) and wheel chair lifts. Disassemble and overhaul motors, transmissions, clutches, rear ends, electrical systems and all other assemblies.
- Perform repair work on assigned vehicles such as breakdowns, malfunctions and emergency roadside repairs in a safe, efficient and quality manner.
- Perform operation test prior to repair to verify complaint.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer’s specifications including engines, transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, fuel and ignition (gas and CNG), electrical systems, brakes, and HVAC systems.
- Follow paper-flow procedures including documenting correct mileage/hours, save and tag all warranty and core parts, document all repairs on work order using complaint, cause and correction format, follow parts ordering/billing procedures.
- Perform final operational test on all vehicles to quality-check all repairs. If aside a Mechanic’s Helper, the Fleet Mechanic must inspect the helpers work and sign off on all repairs.
- Ensure that customer’s vehicles are kept clean and steam cleaned after all servicing.
- Test drive / vehicle delivery as directed.
- Parts pick up when needed.
- Clean work area daily
- Clean Shop tools used daily.
- Must be over 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have CDL or be able to obtain one within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Must be able to work in and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English; basic math skills.
- Must be able and willing to work flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must able to work in a union environment.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER