|Location||Greensboro, NC*||*Position is based out of Greensboro, NC|
KEOLIS IS HIRING A PART-TIME JANITORIAL POSITION IN OUR DOWNTOWN GREENSBORO DEPOT LOCATION!
SUNDAYS AND MONDAYS 8AM TO 4:30PM. $12.72 PER HOUR
Employees in this job perform and oversee a variety of janitorial, custodial, and/or security tasks to maintain clean and safe buildings and grounds.
CORE COMPETENCIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans and services restrooms.
- Sweeps and mops floors and stairways.
- Gathers and disposes of rubbish and waste materials by hand or with the use of powered equipment.
- Makes rounds of buildings and grounds at regular intervals; inspects doors, windows, and locks to see that they are properly and securely fastened
- Observes appearances and conditions of premises and equipment; reports needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions requiring outside vendor services.
- Dusts such items as blinds, furniture, file cabinets, and windowsills using treated dust mittens, cloths, or hand-cleaning items.
- Polishes furniture, metal work, and chrome using appropriate cleaning and polishing compounds.
- Maintains an inventory of cleaning and toiletry supplies.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, mirrors, and fixtures using both step and extension ladders.
- Cleans grounds and parking lots of litter, glass, or other debris.
- Loads and unloads supplies, and moves heavy furniture and equipment using dollies, handcarts, or power equipment.
- Replaces light bulbs and fuses.
- May perform ground maintenance including mowing small areas of grass, trimming shrubs, etc., at an office site.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Experience: Previous janitorial experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, &Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the janitorial service.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules.
- Knowledge of the proper use of chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, and supplies such as floor buffers, vacuum cleaners, and cleaning compounds and solutions.
- This is a physically demanding position. The incumbent must spend the entire time at work standing, walking, lifting heavy objects, operating medium weight cleaning equipment such as floor buffers, sweeping and mopping floors and moving desks and furniture. The incumbent is required to do a great deal of stretching and bending, often in awkward positions.
- The janitor works on a daily basis with dangerous and toxic cleaning products that can be very harmful to one’s health if not properly utilized. In some cases these products give off unpleasant odors.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in the job.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER