|Job Title||Maintenance Supervisor*|
|Location||Pomona, CA*||*Position is based out of Pomona, CA|
KEOLIS IS HIRING FOR A FLEET MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR FOR OUR LOCATION IN POMONA:
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
Supervises and coordinates bus maintenance personnel in safe work practices and technical vehicle maintenance work involving inspection, disassembly, rebuild/repair, assembly and installation of large and small electric/pneumatic/hydraulic components as well as preventative, corrective, body, paint and for all aspects of vehicle maintenance systems to include garage and shop activities. Initiates and supervise repairs, campaigns, rebuilds, reports and maintenance data collection associated
- Oversees and guides work in the maintenance, fueling and cleaning of all vehicles.
- Responsible for the daily assignment of labor.
- Ensures compliance with established rules, regulations and policies, and facilitates effective working relationships with employees and managers. Informs the Maintenance Manager and Assistant maintenance manager of work rule violations. Conducts performance coaching.
- Coordinates fleet activity needed for the shift to insure sufficient numbers of buses for the daily service. Performs a shift turn over to the oncoming Supervisor.
- Responsible for supervising quality control initiatives including quality review of paperwork, adherence to testing and inspection standards and performing in-process reviews of maintenance work being performed. Reviews work completed by contractors including documentation of their work at prescribed intervals.
- Recommends, initiates and evaluates innovative ways to improve fleet maintenance and the maintenance team concept. Develops and encourages the growth of team spirit among personnel.
- Schedules and manages work productivity based on shop goals.
- Ensures the fleet exhibits the appearance of a well-maintained and safe fleet vehicle. Accident damage, the effects of age on the body and decals, and vandalism damage will be kept to an absolute minimum. Coordinates the effort of the shop to identify new damage to the vehicles and prioritizes the repair efforts to those vehicles.
- Tracks, monitors and ensures corrective action for all vehicle maintenance. Tracks all completed maintenance for all vehicles daily for assigned shifts.
- Monitors shop equipment and ensures proper internal controls are adhered to.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the Bus Maintenance and implements management goals and priorities.
- Uses labor resources as needed in a cost-efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring quality work and shift / employee productivity.
- Continually monitors bus pull-outs. Makes the Maintenance Manager and Assistant maintenance manager aware of any problems in daily pull-outs.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate computerized and paper maintenance records in compliance with procedures and local, state and federal regulations. Provides accurate data in support of Key Performance Indicators.
- Recommends, initiates and evaluates innovative ways to improve fleet maintenance and the maintenance team concept.
- Inspects shop, servicing equipment and machinery to insure proper and safe working conditions and supervises proper preventative maintenance on all equipment, submits repair orders to facilitate repairs when necessary.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate maintenance daily reports and records.
- Coordinates bus availability with dispatcher daily
- Opens and close work orders as required in compliance with the weekly work schedule
- Reviews Zonar reports daily and schedules repairs
- Leads the shift daily meeting
- Assigns mechanics tasks via the production dashboard daily
- Assign and present work orders daily
- Conduct documented field visits daily
- Update RTA work orders as required daily
- Process pending work orders within RTA daily
- Verify data accuracy daily
- Prioritize work assignments
- Display work schedule
- May fill in as needed in the Assistant Maintenance Manager’s absence.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to environmental policy, relevant policies and procedures as well as emergency management plans.
- Responsible for observing and evaluating required competencies among employees in their respective functional areas
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Experience in maintenance & repair
- Must be 21+ and able to pass DOT mandated background check/drug & alcohol screening
- Possess or be able to obtain Class B CDL w/ Passenger & Air Brake endorsements
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and Web based applications
- ASE Certifications are a plus
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) is a plus but not mandatory
- Must be able to communicate effectively on all levels in English (Speak, Read & Write)
- Associates or Tech School degree preferred
This employer will consider qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with Los Angeles Ordinance 184652.