|Job Title||Regional Scheduler*|
|Location||NATIONWIDE*||*Position is based out of NATIONWIDE|
Responsible for assisting in the development of operating schedules (trips, blocks, run cutting and rostering) to ensure service reliability and cost efficiency.
Remote position – 75% TRAVEL
Reports to VP of Operations
- Prepare estimates of financial impact of service changes
- Analyze cost of running time, new routes, and other operational changes
- Develop quarterly statistics for each operation
- Assist Business Development with site visits
- Participates in the preparation of the operator sign-up information.
- Coordinates the schedule/routing change, supervisor guides, info posts, operator paddles, etc. and distribution to designated personnel.
- Assists with preparing data for the downstream technology systems, including GTFS.
- Performs Q&A of scheduling data
- Reviews public guides, operator maps, info posts, service change fliers, supervisor's guides, and other schedule reports.
- Prepares schedules for service changes, in-between service adjustments, bus bridge schedules, supports local Transit Plans, and special projects.
- Assists with generating files to update DCS.
- Assists with Summary of Schedules and annual National Transit Database (NTD) reports monthly and annually.
- Analyzes ridership and running time data.
- Interacts with local client as necessary.
- Monitors and evaluates route performance.
- Ad-hoc research assignments as needed
- Sound understanding of run time methodology and route scheduling techniques required.
- Must be detail oriented and computer literate with experience in operating a database, word-processing software, and spreadsheet software.
- Must have the ability to work with time constraints and deal with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of creating dashboards, visuals and cartography preferred.
- Must have knowledge to and the ability to learn each properties operating rules, procedures, routes, schedules and fare structure.
- Basic math skills required.
- Excellent proofreading, research, communication, organization and interpersonal skills required.
- Transit Operational experience essential
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Urban and Regional Planning or related field preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years' work experience in transit operations and/or service scheduling.
- Experience with NTD and Title VI
- Knowledge of public transportation infrastructure and operations including network definition/development, service scheduling and development of vehicle and operator work assignments.
- Working knowledge of Trapeze, Optibus or other scheduling systems, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and understanding of transportation logistics is preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft office suite.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER