|Job Title||Maintenance Technician A*|
|Location||Pompano Beach, FL*||*Position is based out of Pompano Beach, FL|
KEOLIS IS HIRING TECHNICIANS - CLASS A - FOR OUR LOCATION IN POMPANO:
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
Successful candidates will be responsible for field and shop skilled diagnostics, perform preventative maintenance service and repair of Suspension & Steering; Cummings Engines, Allison Transmissions, Differentials, Electrical Systems, Air Brake Systems, Wheelchair Ramps, and Air Conditioning Systems. Successful applicants must be able to work safely. Performs equipment and electrical troubleshooting to test operational efficiency of engines and drive train, hydraulic and exhaust systems, etc. and determines the cause(s) of malfunction(s).
Prescribes and performs emergency repairs to equipment in the field. May provide lead work direction to other mechanics, semiskilled or unskilled workers and may direct shop operations in absence of supervisor. Performs related work as required.
- Detect, diagnose, and repair mechanical and electrical defects sufficient to perform preventive maintenance on equipment. Included but not limited to Cummings Engines, Allison Transmissions, Differential Units, Generators, Starters, Pumps, Air Suspension Systems, Pneumatic Systems, Radiators, Injectors, Clutches, Air Conditioning Systems, and other vehicle components.
- Review Pre and Post-Trip inspections and repair any deficiencies discovered by operators
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit.
- Use electronic, computerized, and/or precision measuring instruments sufficient to diagnose malfunctions in electrical systems and other essential systems in order to repair, and maintain equipment
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions sufficient to carry out repair orders and understand maintenance records and equipment specifications.
- Performs all work in a safe manner, upholding local, state, and Federal Environmental, Health, and Safety guidelines
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Keep work areas clean
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Tool List will be provided at the time of hire.
- Combination of at least one (1) to two (2) years of apprentice level verifiable training and experience in diesel mechanics, which may include high school mechanics courses and (ASE) Certifications.
- Valid Florida driver’s license (CDL, with:
- Commercial & Air Brake Endorsements
- Acceptable Driving Record.
Please note: Job duties or specific job title could vary; where covered by a collective bargaining agreement the provisions of that agreement may prevail.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER