|Job Title||Operations Manager - PARATRANSIT - Proposed Business*|
|Location||PROPOSED Business location*||*Position is based out of PROPOSED Business location|
KEOLIS IS CURRENTLY SOURCING FOR OPERATIONS MANAGERS WITH PARATRANSIT EXPERIENCE FOR PROPOSED BUSINESS - MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
The Operations Manager assists the General Manager in the day-to-day management, customer interface, safety and security, maintenance, scheduling, required reporting and compliance, as well as the administrative management functions of the project. The Operations Manager is also responsible for the supervision of the Operations Department and also general staff duties. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Supervises day-to-day operations and administrative activities; providing liaison between client and company and facilitates problem solving between departments.
- Ensures safety practices and applicable regulations are obeyed by all employees.
- Coordinates routinely with the Maintenance and Safety Managers ensuring facilities and buses are maintained to KTA safety and environmental standards.
- Ensures positive employee / labor relations, fosters employee engagement / recognition, administers department discipline, and resolves employee grievances.
- Coordinates the scheduling for both operators and supervisors in the operations department.
- Understands, interprets, and applies related laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, budgets, and labor/management agreements.
- Has shared responsibility for scheduling, employee performance evaluation, rostering, the driver bidding process and staffing responsibilities for the staff of the facility.
- Focuses intently on operational KPIs in order to manage service quality, operational expenses and explain budget variances.
- Supports Safety Department in the management of injury and collision claims.
- Follows agency policies regarding no shows and cancellations.
- Minimizes route drive times and mileage while adhering to contractual and regulatory mandates.
- Provides accurate and timely operational and financial reporting as requested by management.
- Ensures purchases follow company processes and policies.
- Analyzes situations, identifies problems, implements solutions, and evaluates outcomes.
- Exercise judgment and creativity in making decisions.
- Prepares reports and correspondence.
- Interacts with the union representing the employees with the goal of positive interaction.
- Monitors operations and coordinates the delivery of service with the General Manager.
- Ensure that service to the public remains on schedule and professional.
- Develops budget figures for the Operations department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to quickly become an expert in the operating contract, collective bargaining agreement, and P&L. Intimate understanding of how operational ratios/performance indicators translate into safety excellence, financial performance, contract compliance, and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable or any combination of education and experience.
- Minimum four (4) years of operations experience in a public transportation environment.
- Experience in paratransit operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of public management and organization theories, principles, practices and techniques.
- Ability to understand sound fiscal financial principles.
- Thorough knowledge of ADA, DMV & DOT requirements and other basic laws, ordinances and regulations underlying the transit operation.
- Ability to administer a Drug and Alcohol program.
- Must be familiar with Worker's Compensation Law.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to communicate effectively with state and local government.
- Ability to manage cost control and financial/budget experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation skills; ability to influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work positively and effectively with all levels of the transit and customer organizations
- Positive labor relation skills and knowledge; including administration of employee discipline and labor grievances.
- Experience with paratransit scheduling software, Trapeze PASS, IVR systems, MDTs, call center/customer service experience and maintenance software desirable.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER