|Job Title||Manager On Duty*|
|Location||Reno*||*Position is based out of Reno|
KEOLIS is seeking a Transit Manager on Duty (MOD) in our Reno, NV location!
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
The manager on duty may operate varying schedules in order to best serve operational and foreseeably, maintenance, needs. The candidate(s) in this position, under the general direction of the Ops & Assistant Ops Manager are highly versatile in the nuances of fixed-route operational logistics and associated relational synergize of dispatching processes. Candidate(s) in this position will be resource allocated based on need(s) and may be the go-to for both maintenance staff and classic operations oriented staff (dispatchers, drivers, road supervisors).
- Will be responsible for bid oversight per CBA
- Must qualify eligibility to obtain and maintain 3rd party CDL testing certification through the DMV
- Must evaluate and mentor assigned staff predominantly unionized staff
- Must have the mental soundness and psychology of good management in order to pursue discipline of staff when remedial measure(s) have failed
- Utilizes CAD/AVL in order to hold staff accountable to performance KPIs
- Utilizes other tool(s) as assigned to include on-the-go tablet(s) in order to track, assess, and evaluate in field service performance of road supervisor(s)
- Will be utilized in capacities that bridge the gap between maintenance and operation(s) in order to gain net efficiency during pull-out and in QA/QC associated with bus cleaning (at a minimum)
- Facilitates in enabling the assistant maintenance manager to gauge the status of in-field inventory to include management of field staff, associated assignments, and optimal performance for over 1000 bus stops.
- This may include in-field oversight of utility workers assigned to this task
- Must be available and willing to address emergency issues as/where they arise
- Must be amenable to being contacted as back-ups for off-hour emergencies if/when/where warranted and will be required to carry a work cell-phone in order to facilitate operations
- Road Observation, coaching, training and retraining
- Knowledge of Operation, Front line discipline, Monitor headways
- Other duties as assigned
Must be proficient in the following: MS Office Suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point).
- Trapeze FX, OptiBus, and/or other dispatch operational modules for daily field work
- NextBus where applicable
- General web interface program(s)
- Must have proficient writing skills to draft memorandum(s), work spreadsheets, etc.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must maintain all appropriate requirement(s) associated with holding a valid CDL
- Must maintain all appropriate requirement(s) associated with being a 3rd party CDL certifier
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER