|Job Title||Technician A*|
|Location||Greensboro, NC*||*Position is based out of Greensboro, NC|
KEOLIS IS HIRING MECHANICS/ A TECHNICIANS FOR GREENSBORO:
ASK ABOUT OUR SIGN ON BONUS: $5000
- $2500 UPON HIRE
- $2500 AFTER 90 DAYS OF SERVICE AND MEETING PERFORMANCE STANDARDS.
- UNION ENVIRONMENT - PENSION OFFERED TO UNION EMPLOYEES
- 401(K) WITH COMPANY MATCH
- HOURLY RATE OF $23.97
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
Under general supervision, performs skilled mechanical work as required to diagnose, maintain, repair, service and inspect vehicles, to ensure safe and reliable service to customers.
- Ensures buses operate in a safe, comfortable, like-new condition by performing high quality maintenance repairs and inspections.
- Inspects, diagnoses problems, repairs and maintains mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic units and components.
- Repairs, troubleshoots and installs component parts of vehicles.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedure inspections to vehicles as required by applicable Federal, State, Local, and Company guidelines.
- Performs road calls and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years of experience in the repair and maintenance of bus or medium to heavy duty truck or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of diesel engines and/or gasoline engines, automatic transmissions, airbrakes, steering and drivelines.
- Must possess a basic understanding of the theory of electricity and air conditioning and also be able to read and understand wiring diagrams.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic to intermediate computer experience
- Possess tools required to perform repair and preventive maintenance on large vehicles
- Capable of understanding and following oral and written instructions
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) class B with a passenger endorsement.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and physical examination.
- Must be able to read and write proficient in English
- Must be proficient with computers, particularly, maintenance software programs
Please note: Job duties or specific job title could vary; where covered by a collective bargaining agreement the provisions of that agreement may prevail.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER