|Job Title||Operations Manager - PM*|
|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, FL*||*Position is based out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL|
KEOLIS IS HIRING AN ASSISTANT OPERATIONS MANAGER (PM - EVENING) FOR OUR LOCATION IN FT LAUDERDALE:
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
The Assistant Operations Manager will assist the General Manager in the day-to-day management, customer interface, safety and security, maintenance, required reporting and compliance, as well as the administrative management.
The Assistant Operations Manager is also responsible for the supervision of the Operations Department (Operators, Dispatch, Managers, Customer Service Representatives), and also general staff duties. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises day-to-day operations and administrative activities by providing liaison between client and company.
- Facilitates problem solving between departments and resolve employee grievances.
- Coordinate the scheduling for operators and support staff in the operations department.
- Understand, interpret, and apply related laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, budgets, and labor/management agreements.
- Analyze situations, identify problems, implement solutions, and evaluate outcome.
- Exercise judgment and creativity in making decisions.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Prepare reports and correspondence.
- Interact with the union representing the employees with the goal of positive interaction.
- Monitor operations and coordinate the delivery of service with the General Manager.
- Ensure that service to the public remains on schedule and professional.
- Develop budget figures for the Operations department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable or any combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of public management and organization theories, principles, practices and techniques.
- Ability to understand sound fiscal financial principles.
- Thorough knowledge of the basic laws, ordinances and regulations underlying the transit operation.
- Ability to administer a Drug and Alcohol program
- Must be familiar with Worker's Comp Law
- Computer literate.
Must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER