|Location||Pompano Beach, FL*||*Position is based out of Pompano Beach, FL|
KEOLIS IS HIRING A DISPATCHER FOR OUR LOCATION IN POMPANO BEACH, FL:
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
The Dispatcher coordinates the day-to-day route operations, such as assuring routes are timely as well as sign-in/sign-out times. The Dispatcher communicates operational indicators and service issues to Tri-Rail staff and management team, which includes local General Manager and operations department. Additional duties involve daily communication and interaction with drivers and customers. Must be able to also organize and conduct activities to assure safe, cost-effective, on-time operating performance. Dispatch functions are performed in compliance with the procedures defined by Tri-Rail and Keolis policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to have flexibility with schedule and/or work split shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Plan, assign, and review the work of bus operators to assure compliance with departmental rules/regulations, including ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).
- Assign bus operators according to departmental rules, regulations, and procedures; calculate personnel needs based on level of service required, and availability of equipment and personnel
- Ensure schedule adherence for operators upon leaving and returning to the garage, on the lot, and in the dispatch office
- Assure the availability of operators and equipment for posting work assignments
- Answer and respond appropriately to all telephone calls to the dispatch office
- Supervising bus operations and bus operators
- Responsible for monitoring CAD/AVL system to ensure timely on-time performance
- Responsible for two-way radio communications; authorizes route changes to drivers in cases of inclement weather, unsafe operating conditions, road construction or other unique situations affecting delivery of services
- Responsible for record-keeping
- Responsible for coordinating all emergency situations
- Coordinates all special event/extra services
- Coordination with and/or provision of customer service
- Coordinate communications between operators, supervisors, and other employees
- Maintain close coordination with Maintenance for exchange of defective vehicles and for vehicle availability.
- Communicate and coordinate with other Supervisors and regarding vehicle and manpower availability and other issues.
- Must have a Class B with Passenger Endorsement.
- One (1) year previous Dispatcher experience preferred.
- Two (2) years of Customer Service experience is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain composure under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrate a high customer service commitment.
- Able to demonstrate professional phone manner.
- Knowledge High School diploma or equivalent.
Job duties or specific job title could vary; where covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the provisions of that agreement may prevail.
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER