|Job Title||Safety Manager*|
|Location||NATIONWIDE*||*Position is based out of NATIONWIDE|
|Department||Safety and Risk Management|
The Safety Manager is directly responsible for the overall safety system, including risk assessment, training and claims handling from the property level. This position is responsible for maintaining adequate staffing levels, ensuring sufficient training is provided, and ensuring full compliance with all company, client and DOT policies and procedures. The Safety Manager position provides continuity in the management team, ensures a significant level of leadership and is always available to the client and the project.
- High school diploma plus two (2) years of college required - four (4) year degree preferred
- Familiar with DOT policies, OSHA and EPA standards, and ADA requirements.
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of DOT, Federal Motor Carrier and FTA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- CDL Class B with P endorsement required.
- Experience in selecting, hiring and training qualified candidates for employment.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Five (5)+ years of progressive supervisory/ management experience preferably in a shuttle transportation environment.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to pass drug test and criminal background check.