|Job Title||Safety and Training Manager*|
|Location||NATIONWIDE*||*Position is based out of NATIONWIDE|
|Department||Safety and Risk Management|
KEOLIS IS HIRING A SAFETY AND TRAINING MANAGER FOR PROPOSED BUSINESS:
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
Performs complex professional and administrative work directing the safety and training program for fixed-route and/or paratransit services, including risk assessment and claims handling from the property level. Responsible for implementation of a training program consistent with contract, corporate, federal, and state requirements. Ensures proper and complete training is provided to all personnel including bus operators, mechanics, fuelers/washers, janitor, supervisory staff, and other administrative staff. Provides general supervision and guidance to safety and training personnel. Provides strategic planning and direction, manages contract compliance within area of responsibility, and assists in development of and manages the training budget. The Safety, Security and Training Manager reports to the General Manager.
- Relentlessly pursues a safety culture that pervades all areas of the operation, with heavy emphasis on risk mitigation and accident prevention
- Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to drivers. Works closely with Human Resources to administer driver hiring and compliance process (e.g., interviewing and driver selection; collecting applications; criminal background checks; credit reports; drug/alcohol testing; fingerprint checks; DOT physicals; motor vehicle records checks; I-9 forms).
- Takes responsibility for day to day scheduling, counseling and evaluation reports to local management. Provides direction and guidance to location trainers. Develops, teaches and monitors contents of classroom training to ensure compliance. Conducts re-cert and re-training.
- Investigates incidents, accidents, and work-related injuries including accident investigation, accident reports, accident files, accident register, and follows up with the claims office and adjusters as necessary. Assists drivers in preparing accident reports, prepares OSHA reports, safety violation and compliance documents. Typically determines fault or preventability based on the facts identified at the scene. Provides post-accident counseling with drivers. Responds to appeals from drivers.
- Designs and delivers driver training and safety courses; trains new drivers and retrains those involved in accidents.
- Ensures collaboration between operational supervision and safety supervision, directing the observation of drivers on the road, and correcting safety problems on the scene while documenting violations. Plans, schedules and conducts monthly safety meetings based on region and company safety and safety training goals and objectives. Assists and participates in the Safety committee meetings.
- Serves as liaison between drivers and customer/organization in customer service issues. Provides assistance and training to drivers and attendants on passenger management and other safety related issues.
- Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance, as well as compliance in legal, employment and labor policy matters. Performs driver road checks and on-board evaluations.
- Ensures that all reporting and risk management tools, including claims data tracking and root-cause assessments, are up-to-date and correct at all times.
- Prepares various reports and analyses, including safety trends. Develops cost savings recommendations.
- Leverages results of safety trends to develop proactive action plans focused on prevention.
- Implements and monitors occupational health and safety program activities including facility inspections, accident investigations and emergency planning operations; monitors program compliance with mandated laws, rules and regulations.
- Provides technical safety information and compliance requirements to management staff, employees and contractors.
- Provides support with safety and security audits, inspections, and testing in the areas of fire/life safety, safety certifications, and transit operations on KTA's facilities, operating divisions, construction sites, work practices, equipment, and safety devices.
- Represent KTA in internal and external safety meetings and committees to provide comprehensive technical advice and assistance ensuring accuracy of accident/injury reporting and current or new applicable laws and regulations.
- Researches and tracks safety regulations to develop project safety policies and procedures and ensures implementation of approved recommendations.
- Ensures that staff executes and adheres to safety and security standards
- Ensures contract compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, and company regulations; ensures that related record keeping and reporting requirements are met and maintained.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma college degree preferred.
- Three (3) + years of progressive supervisory/ management experience preferably in a public transportation environment.
- Familiar with DOT policies, OSHA, NIMS, EPA standards, and ADA requirements.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier, Department of Homeland Security, and Federal Transit Administration rules and regulations and applicable State Regulation.
- Ability to interpret and explain regulations to others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- CDL Class B with P endorsement required.
- Experience in selecting, hiring and training qualified candidates for employment.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Experience developing and implementing safety program plans and procedures; conducting investigations, analyzing data, and identifying and recommending corrective action;
- Must maintain confidentiality and safeguarding of sensitive material;
- Conducting oral presentations, relaying technical information in understandable terms;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER