|Job Title||Senior Accountant*|
|Location||Boston*||*Position is based out of Boston|
Keolis is currently seeking top talent for an experienced Senior Accountant.
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for producing the day to day activities of the General Ledger. This position is responsible for general accounting duties, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations. This position requires a solid understanding of accounting concepts and their applications, the ability to review and analyze information and to develop an understanding of the business. Join a quickly-growing team of motivated professionals in a position that offers potential for career growth.
- Responsible for timely and accurate month-end accounting processes and associated tasks
- Maintain and reconcile all G/L accounts for multiple locations, including reconciliation of all cash accounts
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations as assigned including receivables, prepaid expenses, and accruals
- Work closely with all locations and accounts payable to track and record fixed asset additions and dispositions and reconcile depreciation by asset type and location
- Review General Ledger account balances for compliance with GAAP. IFRS reporting experience a plus
- Maintain processes for strong internal controls
- Provide financial support to the business through teamwork with multiple locations and the FP&A team to provide meaningful information and reporting
- Seek opportunities to streamline and improve accounting transactions and work with the locations to provide accounting support to meet internal needs
- Review GL account balances, communicate problems and provide solutions
- Maintain intangible asset schedules and respective amortization
- Prepare monthly Journal Entries
- Record and maintain intercompany balances
- Collaborate with accountants of other divisions on a daily basis
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience with at least 2 years as a Senior Accountant
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and achieve organizational objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Certified Public Accountant with Public Accounting experience a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel
- Proficiency with accounting software required; experience with Sage 100 a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills a must
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER