|Job Title||Accounting Manager*|
|Location||Boston*||*Position is based out of Boston|
Keolis is currently seeking top talent for an experienced Accounting Manager.
For over 100 years, Keolis has been helping more people travel safely, comfortably, and efficiently than anyone else in the world. Keolis is an innovative partner working continuously to create solutions to meet the needs of our customers . . . today and in the future! We’ve been managing complex passenger transportation for more than a century and we’re on a constant quest to find better ways of helping our customers achieve their goal of providing superior service to their communities.
The Accounting Manager reports to the Controller and supervises day to day activities of the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets. We are looking for someone to develop and maintain accounting principles, best practices, and systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting information. Must have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and exposure to IFRS. The Accounting Manager has direct reports and will play a key role in mentoring and training staff while performing their duties and improving and enhancing internal controls.
- Supervise the GL, AR, AP and fixed assets activities on a daily basis
- Review and monitor internal controls on a daily basis
- Ensure that all General Ledger balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Maintain and oversee all accounting procedures and processes
- Responsible for the accurate and timely financial monthly and year end reporting in compliance with GAAP
- Supervise the month-end closing process, including report generation
- Assist with compliance audits as required (banking, taxing agencies, insurance, etc.)
- Primary liaison with external auditors
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Establish formal cross training for all accounting functions
- Mentor, train and develop the accounting department staff
- Instill a culture of continuous process improvement
- Collaborate with accountants of other divisions on a daily basis
- 3 – 5 years of proven experience as an Accounting Manager
- 1 -2 years of management experience
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and achieve organizational objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Certified Public Accountant and Public Accounting experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel
- Proficiency with accounting software; experience with Sage 100 a plus.
- Experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to work across departments
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills a must
- Ability to manage employees, while multi-tasking large projects
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
KEOLIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER